Summary of Ministry at Recent Air Shows:
TICO Air Show in March: SAMI had a great spot and received many visitors. The highlight of this show was Kenn Burrell met SAMI on Friday at the show, became a member and attended his first meeting that Saturday!
Sun-n-Fun Air Show in April: Although Pilots for Christ (PFC) had a bad location we had many good opportunities to witness to visitors. Many people requested and received prayer and handmade crosses. SAMI gave away one box of Bibles to visitors.
During this air show Tim Layne the president for PFC looked at a Phenom 100 with the objective of purchasing three to put in three locations around the USA (west coast, Denver, east coast). The purchase of these planes would include training. The 6 passenger Phenom can be set up with a stretcher for non-ambulatory people and it is a fast, fuel efficient jet. Please pray this idea will be a success.
- May 5th Prayer Flight over our local seats of government and schools to pray for local, state, national, leaders and citizens on the National Day of Prayer was a success. Kenn Burrell joined Dick in the 172 as they flew round trip for about an hour from Merritt Island to the outskirts of Sebastian Inlet and back. Although the wind was gusting and it was a very bouncy flight, God kept them safe and Dick had his smoothest landing to date!
- Jason and Scott both have a number of students keeping the 172 and Aztec flying.
- Work on the Merritt Island Runway has made it safer by adding a 400 ft safety barrier to the end. The surface treatment and repaint has also rejuvenated the runway. This is a big improvement to the Merritt Island Airport.
- Information about the use, maintenance, instruction schedule of SAMI’s 172 and Aztec is available on Drop-Box. If you would like access to this information please contact Scott Saunders at email@example.com
- Please continue to pray that God will give us direction on how he wants us to use these planes.
Pilots for Christ International Convention
September 9 @ 1:00 pm – September 11 @ 10:00 am
September 9, 10, 11, 2016 Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinaw Island in Michigan. Special rates, exciting reports, plan on being there! $952.46 total for two includes: up to two guests per room, breakfast daily in the Main Dining Room, Friday private five course dinner, Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet in the Main Dining Room and private buffet dinner. The reservation form and agenda is at http://www.pilotsforchrist.org/joinpciandevents/annualconvention.html
Reservation Forms Due Wednesday, August 10, 2016.
Next SAMI meeting June 11th @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am followed by BBQ and fellowship. Please bring a dish to share at our BBQ. Thank you!
SAMI Hanger, 471 Manor Dr, Merritt Island, FL 32952 United States.
SAMI Membership (New and Renewal): SAMI exists to serve others so they can better know Jesus Christ, or discover Him for the first time. If you want to jump in and serve GOD, learn to fly, and be a part of the mission, you need to be a member of SAMI. Subscribe for a Membership and enjoy all of the benefits.
To join or renew click this link https://www.servantairministries.org/involved/become-a-member/
Share SAMI: members are encouraged to share our ministry with their local church family and pastors.