- July 2nd Mission Flight: Scott Saunders and Steve Miller picked up 4 Vacation Bible School teachers from the Bahamas and brought them back to Merritt Island using the Aztec.
July 14 Mission Flight: Scott Saunders picked up a cancer of liver/intestine patient and her husband from Palm Beach International to Tampa Exec for treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. Scott had the couple in the air before sunrise to make their 10 am appointment. Please pray for this couple.
- Scott Saunders is our new Mission Coordinator. Thank you John Rivera for serving in this position.
- 172 Radio was sent back to the manufacturer. It is now repaired and back in the 172.
- The part to move the 172 compass has arrived! Once the compass is moved the 172 will be IFR certified again.
- Information about the use, maintenance, instruction schedule of SAMI’s 172 and Aztec is available on Drop-Box. If you would like access to this information please contact Scott Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please continue to pray that God will give us direction on how he wants us to use the 172 and Aztec planes.
Great Things Done with Small Aircraft: October 1st and 2nd SAMI will be hosting teens from Calvary Chapel of Merritt Island. Joe Hurston and other missionary pilots will give talks and SAMI will provide free flights. If you are interested in helping please contact Kyle Dixon at email@example.com or phone 321-289-2613.
Air shows are where people learn about our ministry and we find new members. If you are able to help SAMI have a booth at one or both of these events please contact Kyle Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 321-289-2613.
Prayer Request: SAMI is a chapter of Pilots for Christ International. Please join us in praying for the successful purchase of three Phenom 100 6 passenger airplanes to put in three locations across the USA (west coast, central, east coast). The purchase of these planes would include training and each would be set up with a stretcher for non-ambulatory people. These are fast, fuel efficient jets built in Melbourne, Florida. Please pray we find large corporate donors to help us increase our ability to serve. Thank you!
Pilots for Christ International Convention
September 9 @ 1:00 pm – September 11 @ 10:00 am
September 9, 10, 11, 2016 Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinaw Island in Michigan. Special rates, exciting reports, plan on being there! $952.46 total for two includes: up to two guests per room, breakfast daily in the Main Dining Room, Friday private five course dinner, Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet in the Main Dining Room and private buffet dinner. The reservation form and agenda is at http://www.pilotsforchrist.org/joinpciandevents/annualconvention.html
Reservation Forms Due Wednesday, August 10, 2016.
Next SAMI meeting August 13 @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am followed by BBQ and fellowship. Please bring a dish to share at our BBQ. Thank you!
SAMI Hanger, 471 Manor Dr, Merritt Island, FL 32952 United States.
SAMI Membership (New and Renewal): SAMI exists to serve others so they can better know Jesus Christ, or discover Him for the first time. If you want to jump in and serve GOD, learn to fly, and be a part of the mission, you need to be a member of SAMI. Subscribe for a Membership and enjoy all of the benefits.
To join or renew click this link https://www.servantairministries.org/involved/become-a-member/
Share SAMI: members are encouraged to share our ministry with their local church family and pastors. If you would like a SAMI board member to share our ministry and see how we can help your church (remember SAMI can fly pastors to meetings!) please contact Dick Blondin at email@example.com or phone 321-544-1317.